Below is a list of my education and experience. This is a somewhat informal, incomplete list.
I obviously have not listed every experience I have ever had or every clinic I have ever been to. There were other experiences and educational opportunities along the way (not pertaining to horses) that have been omitted.
- 1999: Attended and graduated from Health Enrichment Center for Therapeutic Massage earning a diploma for 1000 hour therapeutic massage program.
- 1999-2004: Started and operated my human massage therapy business named "Healing Hands".
- 2000-2004: Boarded Que and received weekly lessons and training in classical dressage at Springwater Farm in Milford, Michigan.
- 2001: Participated in a 5 day dressage clinic taught by Marina Genn (Marina was long listed for the Canadian Olympic team, was a student of and endorsed by the amazing Reiner Klimke, She is also the founder of ESHA and the American Academy of Equestrian Science).
- 2000-2004: Attended many other dressage clinics at Springwater Farm taught by Marina Genn and Fred Weber.
- 2005-2006: Received training and earned Diploma in Positive Method Dog Training - I then learned to apply positive training methods to horses as well.
- April 2006: Earned Certificate for Equine Chiropractic Techniques and Application taught by Dr. Daniel Kamen.
- July 2006: Attended dressage clinic taught by Rudolf Rostek from the Spanish Riding School.
- September 2006: Took a 2 day refresher course with Dr. Daniel Kamen to be sure I understood Equine Chiropractic Techniques :-) I was relieved to realize that I did. Earned a second Certificate.
- March 2007: Attended trick training and training principles clinic taught by Daniel Nummer of Serenity Stables.
- April 2007: Attended 3 day hands-on workshop offered by Healing Touch for Animals. Earned Certification Level 1 for work with humans, canines and equines.
- November 2007: Attended dressage clinic taught by Walter Zettl at the McPhail Center at Michigan State University.
- January 2008: Attended dressage clinic taught by Herbert Seiberl from the Spanish Riding School.
- February 2008: Attended the Michigan State Universtiy - Equine Health Lecture Series: Topic was Intra-Articular Treatment - Use and Abuse
- April 2008: Earned a Certificate of Completion for Brenda Aloff's "Get Connected" working clinic.
- May 2008: Earned a Certificate in Equine Myofascial Release I - A course in theory, practice and clinical application of John F. Barnes Myofascial Release Techniques with Horses.
- July 2008: Attended dressage clinic taught by Herbert Seiberl from the Spanish Riding School.
- July 2008: Attended lunging clinic taught by Herbert Seiberl from the Spanish Riding School.
I have also completed many Home Study and Self Directed Study courses, read countless books and watched countless videos pertaining to equine therapy, dressage, and positive training methods (aka. clicker training). I will try to make a list of these available in the future.
Now that you have learned more about me, it's time to -